As an Administrator, you can distribute a single course key to a user directly from the Course Key or you can distribute mass course keys to a list of emails.
Distributing a Single Course Key to a User
Simply navigate to a Course Key that is unassigned to a User and enter their email address. After saving, the Course Key will be either attached to the User immediately if they already have an account with us, or it will attach the email address to the Course Key and set it to a Pending state. After the user creates their account, it will automatically add the Course Key and switch it from Pending to Attached.
Distributing mass course keys to a list of emails
If you have a larger list of emails that you wish to send Course Keys to Students, use the Distribute Course Keys (Advanced). Here you can enter in your list of emails separated by a semicolon ( ; ).
Follow these tips below on Distributing any additional product keys from the Distribute Course Keys (Advanced) tool inside the Course Administration app.
- If there are no Unassigned Course Keys left, then you will have to purchase more keys before distributing any additional keys.
- Each user (email address) will consume one course key that is entered into the tool.
- If a user does not yet have an account, the course key will be marked as pending and automatically assigned once that user creates their account.
- Course keys with the pending status may be manually consumed by another user, but cannot be reassigned by this distribution tool.
- Users who already have an account will have the course key automatically added to their account.
- An email with appropriate instructions on how to proceed will be sent to all users who have been distributed a Course Key.
Please sign in to leave a comment.